HELP!! large format printer for cardstock

Hello, I am new here and new to printing period. Other than your basic printing at the house I know very little about the subject. Which is why I am here. I appreciate any help I can get

I am starting a new business making reproduction toy and video game boxes. I am looking to buy a printer that will print on 11 x 17 .024 cardstock for the boxes.

Another question I have is how do I get the print to look new instead of like a copy of a copy. With defined lines and vivid colors. I am scanning in the originals and then touching them up via photoshop. Then I print them out. But right now when I print them they look like copies. The color separation is just not there. I know of other companies that do the same thing I do but they are not too willing to help me out.

Any help I can get is much appreciated.

Thanks.

HP 5550 series can but it's not inexpensive. Well, you must be aware that laser printer are really expensive in the first place so I think the price is not that bad.

I've been underwhelmed by the scanners that come with my all-in-one devices. (Canon MP990 and MX850 ... the MP990 is supposed to have one of the better scanners, but YMMV).

My inference is that you make multiple prints (dozens? hundreds? thousands?) of the original video game packaging. Perhaps you might consider having the scans done professionally by a shop with a high-end scanner?

Ask a Question