Help PLEASE!

I have a fairly new MacBook Pro and come from a windows environment. I am trying to get good prints from my Epson Stylus Pro 3800. Using Lightroom 6. Sierra OS. My prints turn out way much darker than my monitor. I have calibrated my monitor and have calibrated my printer to match my monitor using color munki photo.

I called color munki and they told me to make sure I am using the new printer profile I developed with color munki. I feel all my settings are right. Is my printer too old? It was working good with my windows os computer. Why can't I get it to work with my Mac? This is driving me crazy and I am about to throw the dang printer out! Can anyone help me PLEASE!!!

Thank you!
IMG_4221.JPG
IMG_4221.JPGIMG_4221.JPG

Try printing photo direct from camera - no corrections. Let me know if that appears normal brightness.
Might be possible that Lightrm or Munki causing u pain. Maybe a neighbor could print direct for u.
Walmart works very well too. Regards

Thank you for your response. I shoot in RAW but am ready to take a picture in JPEG and print it, however, I have no way of getting this print to my printer without using my Mac. There are no ports and card slots on my printer. Any other suggestions would be great. Thank you!

Does your camera utilize memory card I.E.: Compact Flash, SD, SDHC etc.
Take memory card to Walmart and have them print photo without corrections.
If print is to your liking, then we trouble-shoot ur printer/monitor arrangement.

If you are not located U.S. then must find some other photo processor, other than Walmart.

It would seem that your printer is not calibrated with your monitor, if your monitor'
shows normal picture brightness and printer prints much darker. Something amiss.
Epson Stylus Pro normally prints beautiful pics. Do you use Epson brand ink and
what kind of paper?

I only use Epson Ink and Epson paper. Would you mind terribly if we go ahead and assume the picture printed great and start with trouble shooting the printer/monitor arrangement. I am 99.9% sure this is my problem. I believe I must have calibrated my printer wrong. Here are the steps I took:
  • caibrated monitor D65 with 120 luminance. I turned off auto brightness on the monitor.
  • I followed the steps to print Test Strip 1 and read it with the color munki
  • Printed test strip 2 and read it.
  • The color munki program saved the printer/paper profile and this is the profile I use in Lightroom under color management as well a making sure my printer set up is set to use the new profile as the preset selection.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG! I am so dang tired of messing with this printer. It should not be this hard!!

Thanks again for your help.

Ask a Question