HL-L2300DW Series Network Issues

When I brought HL-2300DW Series printer everything was running fine, not sure when this problem start. My printer is either won't stay connect to the network or won't stay communicating with any computers on the network. I have reinstall the software & driver couple times and it works for that day then next day same problem. The software & firmware is updated. My internet/ cable modem has been switched out couple times because of signal issues or switching out old for new. My internet provider was time warner which is now spectrum. I currently using the usb cable to print from computer right now. I would like to get this back running on the network, can anyone help me with this?

Sounds as though you may be located too far from router. Thus signal issues as you describe.
Just as test, can you move your computer closer to router temporarily. Or perhaps you are experiencing
interference with router radio signals, i.e: portable cell phones or portable telephones or other devices that transmit signals. Advise

All three of these are on a computer desk, the printer & computer tower sitting next to each other on the lower shelve and the modem/router is sitting on the shelve right above the printer & tower

Thanks for the reply. Must not be loss of signal then since all devices local to router.
You still might be experiencing interference. Is this equipment located in a home or business?
Must be a business, since you speak of communicating with other computers. Then
the other computers also lose the ability to print to your printer?

You have eliminated possibility of malfunctioning computer or printer, because USB printing is fine.
Can you access Internet through router, without problem? If so, then your printer alone is culprit
and loses network connection. Recommend un-install printer driver completely as first step.

Follow this:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click 2300DW Icon -> Select Remove Device
Then re-install printer following your manual or one of these videos. Do Not Interrupt Install Process.

Here are Youtube videos that may be helpful, though not specific to your model::

There are many videos on Youtube that might be helpful. Just enter search box with your model printer.
Advise

ok I have tried what you suggested and it work for about day, then right back where i started so the problem still continues. How do I get this fixed, brother support where are you?

Last edited:
if your problem is not solved, and you tried all of the above methods, try to mail Brother official mail or complain hotline and tell them about your problem in detail.

Ask a Question