HP 1320 feeds blank pages

Greetings, all!

My mother's HP 1320 printer, w/128mb RAM, non-network, connected via USB to a Dell laptop running Win7, feeds a blank sheet immediately (as in a few millimeters space between the two) upon printing a page. This is causing the pages to become jumbled in the finished tray, if they don't slide onto the floor directly.

What I have tried after perusing the internet extensively;

1. insuring that the driver is up to date
2. making sure separator page setting is off
3. looking exhaustively at all settings to make sure there isn't some obvious issue
4. Swapping computers with my laptop which also runs an identical printer at my house correctly
5. swapping in my feed tray to investigate the sheet separating pad from being the issue
6. pulling the pickup roller to check it carefully
7. looking in every nook and cranny on the machine to see if something is out of place
8. initiating a deep clean cycle
9. printing a self test/configuration page to check settings (double feeds this also)
10. insuring it is set to "letter" sized paper

No joy. It does it with my paper, her paper, my tray, her tray, my laptop, her laptop... I'm at a loss. Otherwise it functions flawlessly, save excessive paper curl.

Any ideas?

Its a relay switch problem, normally you can hear a relay switch each time a paper feeds, due to wear and tear, this switch become sticky, not enough time to release the switch which makes a feed for another two or three blank pages. If you can open the right side panel of the printer (printer facing you), you can easily see the switch at the lower portion. put a tape in between the plate switch and the relay magnet, this will avoid prolong hold of switch.

Thank you for the assistance, Larry. I bought some adhesive backed felt and re-did the pads on both the solenoids, and now it works perfectly.

Ask a Question