hp 840c printer

it's an old printer,12 years in fact,has printed thousands of sheets,never had any problem until now,this week I was printing off some text documents,text just visible and lines running through it,oh I thought it needs a new black ink catridge,bought one hp original 15, cost €33,came home put it straight in,printed off same text documents,same result,text just about visible and lines going through it,so I'm stuck,what's after happening?I have changed the catridges many many times down the years,never got this problem,I have noticed that the color catridge is nearly empty,does this printer need both catridges with full ink to print text,I thought by putting in the full black catridge that the text should print on this catridge alone, afterall if there is something wrong with the printer I don't want to be spending €36 for color catridge only to find out it still wont print correctly,can anyone be of help.

Well some printers do use both cartridges so create black... but it sounds to me like it could possibly be banding, this could be due to a nozzle problem, it could be blocked, if you think this is a case then consider buying a cleaning cartridge. Cleaning cartridges are cheap and should do the job if you think your nozzle is blocked up.

Ask a Question