HP 880C on new PC with Windows7

Hey!
On my new PC with Win7 I want to use my old printer HP880C.
To do so, I connected the printer via a USB cable to the PC, end did the whole procedure of Win7 for adding a printer as a Local Printer on existing port LPT1 ( and I did it also once on the exiting port USB001 ). Via Windows Update I found the driver for HP Deskjet 882C, which is similar to HP 880C, and renewed the existing driver program, the name of the printer was 'HP Deskjet 882C', the driver was installed and instructed the printer to be available for every user.
On this moment I did not know what to write down for the 'location', so I left this line blank.
Now I ordered to print a Testpage en finished installation.
This was all according the book!
My printer appeared in the printer list with a green mark to be the main printer on the system.
Nevertheless...
However, my printer did not work! No testpage! Even when all manipulations I did and do for the printer appear in the small special printer windows each time whel I want to do something with the printer....
What could I have done wrong?
Greetz
Jive1

Ask a Question