HP 9002C printing problems

When this printer started to only print black and a pale pink color, I thought it probably needed a new color cartridge. I went ahead and refilled the 78 color cartridge (which was a refurbished one and had to drill new holes to fill it). I re-installed the cartridge and printed test page, cleaned heads & primed and still it only printed black and barely a little darker pink. Is this a cartridge problem or is something maybe wrong with the printer. I hate to invest in a cartridge and then have it be the printer or vice-versa. Any ideas out there? - -
pammijn

It could be that you have an air lock in the yellow/cyan tanks within the cartridge, which is preventing the inks coming out.
Try wiping the strip at the bottom of the cartridge (where the ink should come out) with a paper towel to see if the inks are coming out, otherwise as you've already tried head cleaning it sounds like the cartridge could be faulty.

Thanks so much jimtonic. I got nothing after trying your suggestion and apparently it is the cartridge. Happy Printing!! pammijn

Ask a Question