HP L7580 icon is grayed out but can ping printer

Hi Experts

I have a network (static ip address 192.168.10.24) HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 printer and and using Windows 7 64 bit

In the control panel the printer icon is grayed out but I can ping the printer, and I can access webpage (192.168.10.24) of the printer

This is problem happens intermittently.

What I used to do , reinstalled the driver and installed it again and that was fixing the issue but it is annoying to do that every time

Any suggestion what could cause the problem ?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Zilah,

I'm Liam from Rihac although we do not sell printers I do work very closely with them via our inklink products. It is very strange that it is happening intermittently, have you tried to replace the ethernet/usb cable that is connected to the printer and also to swap the ports that the printer is connected to?

How is the printer currently connected?

I would also make sure that you currently have the latest version of the driver from the HP website.

Hi Liam

have you tried to replace the ethernet/usb cable that is connected to the printer and also to swap the ports that the printer is connected to?
Yes same issue

How is the printer currently connected?
I have a network HP OfficeJet Pro L7580 printer
Ethernet

I would also make sure that you currently have the latest version of the driver from the HP website.
Worth to try that, although current driver was downloaded while ago from the HP website for windows7

Regards

Ask a Question