HP Laserjet 1012---> lousy printing started not long ago

Some years ago I bought a used HP Laserjet 1012 at the thrift store. It worked OK for my rare b&w printing but eventually, as I recall, there'd be a fainter printed line (or two I believe, if I recall correctly) somewhere on the paper and the fainter line was a repeat of a line in the text I was printing. Recently though things have worsened greatly: I now see a varying-in-width "gap" of no printing and this is a vertical gap on the paper.

My desktop computer OS is Linux, not Windows and not Mac. Linux has HP software to check out this and that in the printer. The Linux HP software always says my printer cartridge is full of whatever it has inside it, I suppose black powder.

If you recognize this problem, does it seem that I can fix it or is my HP Laserjet 1012 printer totally shot now? If you tell me that some part has completely failed, do you know if that part is still available and from where?

Ask a Question