HP LaserJet 5 Paper Recommendation

Hi, Everyone.

I own a lengendary HP LaserJet 5 workhorse printer that runs forever, never breaks, and costs pennies to maintain.

I am in the process of ordering some very high quality letterhead on thick 100% cotton paper made by Southworth. Does anyone happen to know the factory spec on paper for this machine. I would like to run either 32 LB pound paper, or even 80 LB, which I would assume is similar to business card stock. Can these thicknesses by safely run through an HP LaserJet 5?

Thank You,
CharmedLife

I've got a 10+ year old HP 1320 duplex printer (mono laser), and it has been great. I really, really wish inkjets were as fast, reliable, and inexpensive to operate.

But I digress ... sorry.

Have you checked with HP? What does their spec indicate? I'd be leery of "try and see", as you could get a pretty bad jam.

From what you write, I'd be inclined to find the thickness spec of your HP laser-jet, and order paper that was just a bit thinner ... error on the side of caution.

Ask a Question