HP LaserJet 6P Turns off claiming Jam within seconds of beginning a print.

I've attached a video...

Case is off and two sensors are triggered by this - the infrared gate which indicates that tray 2 has paper will always tell the printer tray 2 is full, so it uses paper from there always, and the case cover for the toner has a sensor button which I manually press.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By1CylF08YfkXzFXS2FCUndDT0U

Watch the video preview to save yourself a ~170meg download if you prefer. Sorry about vertical video, the device flagged it as vertical because of the starting orientation...

It appears to turn off very shortly after passing the paper sensors of which there seem to be two in line with each other. An optical one and a gated infrared one.

When I opened the printer up for the first time it had a piece of paper in it like it stops at currently except it was a considerable way further in, almost to the fuser.

edit:

I've done a complete teardown and found a tiny amount of paper in one of the feeder wheels for the bottom tray. No obstructions to optical sensors and all optical sensors on scoping seem to operate desirably. The fuser heats and the laser motor operates. No idea to tell if the laser module is actually working yet.

I also realised my video has some classical music in the background, sorry about that but it doesn't obstruct the sounds of the printer very much.

Last edited:

Ask a Question