HP LaserJet P2055dn "Jam"

It isn't of course. I pulled out the fuser assembly and rebuilt it, and put it back into the machine. After finally getting the pesky linkage gear lined up, I completed the process and turned it on. I fully expected for it to fire up, but instead it gave the following error: "Jam in output bin" followed by "Open door and clear jam"
I have seen other documented issues of this, but I have yet to find a solution. What I do know it is the following : There is no paper in the device, and I have followed HP's jam page completely without success. http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/...=3662052&docId=emr_na-c01597539&lang=en&cc=us

Thanks in advance for the help,
tPK

Open paper tray and remove paper that was stucked in paper roller and reset your printer. This will definetly work.

The problem is actually in the duplex sensor attached to the back of the print guard, which is accessible via removing both sides of the printer facade and the removing the paper feed assembly. The problem is that when replacing this part after servicing, say rebuilding your fuser roller assembly, this piece must be fed though the the paper feed assembly. otherwise the spring will get out of the grove and the plastic paper sensor will stay in the slotted optoisolator and abnormally show that there is a jam.

The sure fire way to test this is to unplug the sensor from the sensor control board in the back of the printer and see if the thing fires up without an error. ( be sure not to touch electrical in the system or to unplug the sensor during use) Once you have isolated the problem, it can be overcome by removing the screw on the back of the sensor and removing the printed circuit board. Once done, you can re-tension the spring and repeat your previous steps in reverse.

~tPK

Note: The capacitors in this printer seem to hold an unusually high amount of charge. Be sure before you work on it or plug/ unplug things that you turn on the power button with the power cord unplugged and wait for the green light to disappear. This will help to ensure that charge gets dissipated into the system instead of you!

Ask a Question