HP LJ1200 shopping question

A couple of days ago my trusty old HP LaserJet 4M lost its display and started a higher pitched constant whine at the same time. Never even saw an error message. From what I'm told at HP forums, it's time to move on. Looking around for a smaller, lighter weight laser printer for light home use - I don't need another 40 lb monster, even if better built - the HP LJ1200 looks like a promising choice for when better quality is called for (resumes, formal letters). I also have a multifunction Canon Pixma MP640. The current HP 1102 is the other popular choice in the size and price range, but its ink costs are still high while users call the 1200 a workhorse.

So my question is, unless there's a better choice for my purposes - any brand will do - what should I know about the 1200's life expectancy and the page count level to avoid in shopping for one? Thanks,

Last edited:

Ask a Question