hp page wide, vertical streaks in print job(not copying but demo page)

I got a hp page wide technology printer
hp mfp 477dw

and it has vertical streaks going all up and down the print from the print demo page option(nothing to do with copying)

I did the level 1 and level 2 cleaning and print head alignment it doesn't fix the issue

I printed off several print quality pages in the process

the first one I printed the black portion was all chaotic vertical lines
but after a few more prints of the quality page the black bar test ink had some white spaces in it.
it is a hp ink cartridge and the ink level shows allot
the color bars are mostly ok but maybe some issues
but a vertical streak goes across all of it

(the print quality page separates the 3 colors and black into bars to see how its printing as a test)

I also took the waste ink tray out and ran some water over it but not perfectly(couple gallons)

my question is
I don't want to buy new parts(or a advanced cleaning pad) I want to just take apart the printer and clean up the parts or whatever to make it work, even if I have to take apart the inside parts and clean them(I have a video of how to disassemble the printer, and I have previous experience fixing my last laser printer like this)
what do you think I will have to do to fix this

Last edited:
this video is the same exact style(not same printer but close) and it shows you the print heads(10 alternating heads(not inline)
I researched about alcohol and there are many people who think alcohol is ok on injet heads, others use mixtures.

and this video shows the print heads out of the machine

what do you think

Ask a Question