HP Printer Help :

hello everyone, my name is hugh , please forgive my slownes of speech ,and type, i have parkinsons disase . ive been looking online for a printer fix , as i have hd big problems since i bought a hp printer DESK JET 2630 About a year ago, yes a year ago, ive had it brand new and yet to get it to work.......so i went on the scout looking for software online since there was no disc with the printer. .....well i found a HP Printer Help Online site wich ha a tab saying help chat online.....of which the first guy was very helpful and very patient. He then continued to pass me on to an admin type of guy. he sounded a top techno guy, and began to help with my printer problems. now he ever mentioned a fix fee at ALL, he then put a small number of programs onto my computer, like a remote assist type of software, he continued to fix my pc, i was so chuffed to have my old computer getting a free service..he suddenly stopped his fixing off my pc saying it had been hacked and breached, that my computer was at risk because he had noticed that i used my computer for banking and ordering our weekly shop, well i was so scared and frightened by this. until he said no worries, and he had a great piece of software which would kill off ALL the viruses and stop hackers getting in my pc, he paused and said at a cost of £299,i just shreekd at his choice of words, he then said t hat they could do a one off fee of £99 i quickly said NO..hit the computers off button and put the phone down sharpish !! so i was wandering if this is a hp company policy or are the 2 gentleman i spoke to upto no good, i woulld hope not as there are many
elderly people disabled like myself who would be quite shocked if so ??.......my wife wants us to take it to the
police !!...hope you dont mind me posting this in your forums !!..............i seen an anouncement here earlier saying, not to be dragged in by someone ,they are hackers i was so gutted !...............please can anyone help me fix my printer , i reallly dont know who to trust anymore

Sorry Hugh. I do see you specified HP Deskjet 2630.
If you have Windows 7 -> 10, please visit this site:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...in-one-printer-series/12319824/model/16779358

Download the following:

HP DeskJet / 2600/2675/2676/2677/2678 Full Feature Software and Drivers
Version 43.3

Uninstall any previous attempts to install printer. Follow this:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right click any Deskjet 2630 Icons -> select "Remove Device"

Do that for any other Deskjet Icons listed. Now there are no HP printers listed this page.

Install the Full Featured Software and Drivers previously downloaded.
Advise

hi sorry guys, im using a pc with windows xp and a laptop with windows vista ??............my new unused printer is a HP Desk Jet 2630 thanks very much

LOOKS LIKE IM BUGGERED TEN, OUT THE WINDOW THS IS TO GO.........IM GUTTED THROWING A BRAND NEW PRINTER HP DESKJET 2630 OUT IN THE RUBBISH........................SO MUCH FOR HI TEC EQUIPTMENT IN TE NEW AGE..........BUMMER !!..........THANKS ANYWAYS FOR THOSE WHO CHECKED MY FORUM
PLEASE TAKE CARE AND BE SAFE EVERYONE
BEWILDERED AND GUTTED WELSH PARKINSONIAN

Ask a Question