HP printers on network 'document failed to print'

Ok so at work we have 2 HP printers a 2100 and a 1220c, they were both working fine up until a day or 2 ago and now for some reason everytime we go to print we get the dreaded document failed to print bubble above the printer icon on the taskbar.

We also have a samsung clx-3175fw printer/faxer/scanner thing that works fine no problem.

As far as I know we've not had any changes to the network or settings and everybodies computer in the office is affected, any idea what's causing this?

I'm sorry I can't be more specific - it literally doesn't say anything apart from document failed to print.

We don't have any in-house IT people to sort this out so I try to sort most problems out but unfortunately printers and networking isn't my thing!

I've turned them on and off a few times but to no avail,

thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me.

When printing multiple page documents,especially while connected on-line with a modem, print jobs will stop printing or freeze midway through a page. You may see a message that says "Print job failed to
print".

Ask a Question