hp960c software

I recently purchased a new computer for my wife. The OS is Windows 7 Professional. Her printer is an HP deskjet 960c. I cannot seem to find the installadiotn disks for the printer and the HP website seems to say that there is no downloadable software for that model printer.

Help, please.

Ian

I visited this link (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=uk&lc=en&dlc=en&product=77146) and saw the message that you're referring to:

Install the Driver Using Windows Update with a USB Connection (Downloadable Driver Not Available)

Windows Update should install the drivers for this printer automatically, it is correct in that you don't need to download anything manually. Was there a reason that you needed to do a manual install? If so, perhaps the "HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows" will do it - that was the 2nd link on the driver page for me and seems to suggest it will install drivers for the 960C in Windows 7.

Thanks for the reply and the info. I don't need to do a manual install. I just assumed that's what I had to do. Any old way to get my wife's computer up and running is fine.

Installed original software (network printer) and twain drivers, but cannot scan. Al printing functions OK.
With a usb connection the PC recognizes the device but scanning still doesn't work.
Any idea how to solve this?

________

AYESHA

Did the scanner work ok in the past with other printers? Is the software new? What scanner software are you using? Which version of Windows are you using? Have you tried more than one scanning software?

Scanner software often has an initialization procedure for new printers or when it is first installed. Usually this is automatic, but you might have to search the software menus for it.

Are you using Paperport? There is a documented problem with older versions, at least, that has to do with pptd40nt.exe not starting correctly. If Paperport seems to be your problem I can post the document from Scansoft which is about a page long.

Her printer is an HP deskjet 960c. I cannot seem to find the installadiotn disks for the printer and the HP website seems to say that there is no downloadable software for that model printer.

Kashmiri Butt

Ask a Question