I need two printers.

BML

The yellow light on my 12 year old black and white Samsung ML 6040 will not go out so I guess its stuffed. My canon Pixma iP6000 D colour printer has never been much good so I need to buy replacements.
I print about 150 A4 sheets B&W a week mainly club minutes and I rarely print in colour because the results have been so disappointing so I would welcome some advice.
I have to say that I am not a fan of multi function devices because I consider that stand alone devices are more reliable.
I regret that I do not know the real differences between a laser and the other sort and I would hope not to spend more than about £300.00 or am I to naive.
So, would anyone care to make a suggestion

Tom

I have been using Epson and Canon inkjet printers for the past 13 years. The problem was the high cost of ink, but I began refilling the cartridges with bulk ink, which worked great. Alas, my Canon Pixma 6600 D died recently.

I began looking into monochrome laser printers, which are now reasonably priced. In the end I decided against laser printers for a few reasons: none of them could print on card stock (thick enough for business cards). Apparently, thick card stock can;t be wrapped around the drum without issues. The laser printers I was considering were also said to be not very good at printing graphics. Then there are potential health issues due to the ultra-fine toner particles that laser printers may emit.

I decided to buy an Epson Workforce WF1030 monochrome inkjet printer for about $70. While it doesn't print quite as clean as the Canon Pixma did, it prints much faster and achieves much deeper black. Also, the ink is smudge and water-resistant. Third party high volume ink cartridges are available. I am also looking into refilling, but have neither found a chip resetter nor intructions on how to reset the ink level via the printer itself.

Not sure if any of this info helps you.

The yellow light on my 12 year old black and white Samsung ML 6040 will not go out so I guess its stuffed. My canon Pixma iP6000 D colour printer has never been much good so I need to buy replacements.
I print about 150 A4 sheets B&W a week mainly club minutes and I rarely print in colour because the results have been so disappointing so I would welcome some advice.
I have to say that I am not a fan of multi function devices because I consider that stand alone devices are more reliable.
I regret that I do not know the real differences between a laser and the other sort and I would hope not to spend more than about £300.00 or am I to naive.
So, would anyone care to make a suggestion

Ask a Question