Incompatible cartridge

My hp desktop F2480 printer has issue on ink cartridge(both black, color) so i bought a set of cartridge (60). But when i install it, only the black cartridge was working while the color was not recognized by my printer then i noticed the expiration was in a month after i bought it...does the expiration affect the operation of my printer...any help or tips on how to handle this situation is a great help..thanks in advance

Ok on your color cartridge, clean the copper contacts with alcohol. Contacts may be either
on back, bottom or front of cartridge. Probably four contacts. Then clean printer contacts. Let alcohol dry and re-insert cartridge in printer. Be sure contacts mate with printer contacts. You may have to put slight pressure to ensure contacts mate up. I would think expiration date just indicates Ink is old.

If that doesnt help, unplug power cord for 15 minutes. Perhaps that will allow printer to reset
Let us know.

Thanks for the reply, but i already tried all of that and still nothing happened..i think of replacing the cartridge by claiming the warranty, do you have any idea on how can i do that ...thanks again..

Kulas: As last resort, you might try re-installing printer driver.

Before you do that, be sure you un-install printer driver first,
Assuming you have WINDOWS, follow this navigation:

Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click Your Printer Icon -> Select remove
Then Re-install Driver from HP CD. Follow Mfg Instructions

your desktop F2480 supports only Genuine High Capacity Black & Tri-Colour HP 300XL Ink Cartridge. You should check the cartridges same as i mentioned above else replace with this.

Ask a Question