Info about Ecotank ET-15000

Hi,
I am considering purchasing an Ecotank ET-1500.
Just wondering if anyone is aware of performance / reliability issues.

Last epson printer purchased was a Workforce WF7210DTW, which was temperamental from day 1.
When it worked it worked well but to many issues, such has saying paper jam when there was not, Saying wrong paper in drawers when not , wont print double sided but cannot find any issues, wont recognize epson print cartridge's and refuses to print.
dont want to get another printer like this so any information would be grateful

I assume you mean the ET-15000. I bought this printer on the strength of my experience with my WF-7720. I love my 7720 (and still have it), but grew frustrated with its small cartridge size and the trouble refilling them. I do a lot of 13x19 size posters, but the ecotank version of my printer (ET-16500) deleted the ability to do borderless.

So I bought the ET-15000 because Epson finally released an eco-tank printer that advertised borderless printing. But when I set it up I discovered the printer can't do borderless at 13x19. The largest it will do borderless is 11x17. It's not a print head issue - the platten is wide enough. It seems to be the same marketing decision they made for the ET-16500 - they don't want you buying large format ecotank printers you can crank out large numbers of posters on. They want you to have to buy their expensive ink cartridges for that.

All the other issues which keep me from using my WF-7720 as an every-day printer are in the ET-15000 too. They tell you it uses pigment ink, but that's only for black. Colour inks are all dye-based. And the printer has no postscript or any other real page description language support. I kid you not, it still uses the old ECP/P-R printer codes. I think this is why its halftoning is so terrible. Anything that is greyscale looks like it's done on a dot matrix printer. This issue comes up with some colour graphics too.

If you want borderless at 13x19, there aren't many options - certainly no eco-tank ones. You'll need a WF-7820 for that prolly.

If you don't need 13x19 printing, if 11x17 is good enough then I would (highly) recommend the Brother MFC-J6945DW. This is my every day printer, and I've never owned a better one. It really is a work of art. Borderless on any kind of paper, it's fast, its price-per-page is down in the eco-tank range anyway, but refillable cartridges just became available for it too. This printer takes cartridges in the front and pumps the ink from them into internal tank resevoirs - which means if you do use refillable cartridges for it they are stable and no-fuss. It has postscript and PCL5, it will communicate in almost every protocol known to man short of smoke signals. It has a USB port (which Epson deleted off the ET-15000) and because it supports postscript it can natively print PDFs. A guest can come in with a PDF on a stick and print it. On top of that, what surprised me is that it does the finest (and most colour-accurate) photos I've seen on a 4-colour printer.

The Epson Ecotank ET-15000 is a smart and compact inkjet printer with A3 print and A4 scan, copy and fax functionality. If you are someone who wants an overall high-grade printer with an incredible tank system and high color quality then surely the ET-15000 is the one well despite. This printer comes with excellent performance. So, here we are going to share extensive information about the product. This latest edition of Epson is an amazing Ecotank offering with durable operating inkjet and most importantly affordable.
It is very obvious, has low operation cost, and is fully loaded with copy, print, scan, and fax. Because this is all in one printer. This printer is suitable for small or home office businesses.

Printing speed:

The printing speed of any printer does matter in its quality. If you want to get those printers for your business that come with high printing speed. Then we recommended you that this printer is really come according to your choice in the business.

So, the printing speed of this printer for color pages is up to,

• 9 ppm (page per minute).
But for monochrome pages, the printing speed of this printer is up to,

• 17 ppm (page per minute).

If you want to start your own business with this printer, then the speed of this printer may more attractive for you. Keep in mind that, when you use this printer for 2-sided printing on one paper, then its printing speed reduces, for color pages up to, 5 ppm and for monochrome pages up to, 7 ppm.

Input capacity with rear feed:

Epson Ecotank ET-15000 printer gives you a better result in small business or small home offices. So, this Printer comes with moderate input capacity. Its input capacity in a single cassette is up to, 250 sheets.

This input capacity gives you an added value to this printer. In the rear feed, an input capacity come from cards and A3 paper. An ADF option allows you to print 35 sheets automatically from this printer. In the rear feed or cassette of this printer, you can use different sizes of paper 2.13 by 3.39 inches to 12.95 by 47.24 inches. You can also use 11 by 17 inches paper for gaining borderless printing from this printer.

Compare Epson Ecotank ET-15000 with Epson Ecotank ET-2720, ET-2760, ET-3710, ET-3760 and ET-4760

In this section of this article, we will discuss with you the comparison of the Epson Ecotank ET-15000 with other Epson printers. So stay with us, and try to understand the concept of this comparison.

Hi,
I am considering purchasing an Ecotank ET-1500.
Just wondering if anyone is aware of performance / reliability issues.

Last epson printer purchased was a Workforce WF7210DTW, which was temperamental from day 1.
When it worked it worked well but to many issues, such has saying paper jam when there was not, Saying wrong paper in drawers when not , wont print double sided but cannot find any issues, wont recognize epson print cartridge's and refuses to print.
dont want to get another printer like this so any information would be grateful
Don't Buy this temperamental is an understatement, it claims to print 14 pages per minute not in my experience with this, double sided printing? Does't work either especially with presentation paper. This is the last epson I will own. A BIG WASTE OF MONEY

I bought a ET-15000 as it said it could do A3 which is sort of true but only from the rear feed and one cannot scan or copy from the glass plate so I was a bit disappointed with that, I contacted Epson but was disappointed with their no care response, I had to return the first one as the paper was showing a crease when it came out but the replacement was ok.
I used it a reasonable amount and now have a problem of when printing using paper from the tray underneath it keeps saying no paper so I press retry and after a couple of attempts it will pull a sheet through, does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what can I do to rectify it?

Ask a Question