Ink Cartridges Cannot Be Recognised (T50 confused with P50 Model)

Because my printer was playing up, displaying a general error I had to have it repaired.
But before repairing it I suspected that the problems was a software related issue and so
I did some fiddling about with the printer Adjustment Program for Epson P50 before reading proper instructions.
Actually I mistakenly used the wrong Adjustment program which was for T50 and now my
printer is being read as the T50 model on my computer. The ink cartridges are obviously only meant
for the P50 model so my printer although it starts up perfectly, it displays Ïnk Cartridges not recognised"
and it is demanding the ink cartridges for T50 model. I'm really stuck here I don't know what to do
I'd really appreciate some help please. I even tried to change it back to P50 model with the correct Adjustment Program
for the Epson P50 model but it wouldn't work.

Navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click P50 Icon -> Select Remove Device
Re-install printer using Epson Install CD
Follow install instructions carefully

Navigate as follows:
Control Panel -> Devices & Printers -> Right Click P50 Icon -> Select Remove Device
Re-install printer using Epson Install CD
Follow install instructions carefully
Actually that is the problem, it doesn't show p50 in Device & Printers, the computer recognises it as
T50 and I tried deleting the driver and reinstalling for CD several times but the P50 installation
said it is the wrong Printer model since it recognises it as T50. Can adjustment program cause this?
Because mind you I did have the cartridge chip board replaced because the previous one had the pins from wear and tear so I had it replaced with a new one:
vilaxh-T50-font-b-Cartridge-b-font-font-b-Chip-b-font-font-b-Board-b.jpg

Last edited:
Just navigate as directed. Right click T50 icon
Select remove device
Re-install Printer

Must "Remove Device" from Devices & Printers First.
Believe your printer instructions instruct not to connect USB until Driver installed.

Ok, do this:
Restore Windows 7 to earlier time, Navigate as follows:
Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore
Click Next and select "Restore To Earlier Time"
Be sure to select time prior to your fiddling
Advise

Ask a Question