Ink lines on page - new cartridge

I have an HP Laserjet P1005 printer. It prints B&W only. I have had it over a year and i am very happy with it. However, the ink cartridge needed replacing so i got a new one, genuine. Now its leaving 3 thin black lines whenever i print. The lines sort of separate the page into 4 parts all the same width, as if i wanted a guidline so i could cut the paper into 4 equal pieces. The black lines are more noticeable on the right side of the paper and each line gets duller as the line goes on. Lots of info on the lines in the hope someone will recognize the problem and have a solution.
If something needs adjusting or cleaning please consider me a noob as i dont know the names of parts and pieces.

Thanks in advance

You must clean your printer. i think.
It means you must open your printer and clean it with an cloth or something!
Not wet!
Then the lines are as good as gone.

grts

The source of that type problem is actually rather limited.
1. Open the printer an look around cleaning anything that is dirty. (Do not clean toner drum or fuser rollers as that will create a problem.)
2. Fuser could be the source however I'd consider that as the last candidate.
3. The most likely source is the Toner Cartridge. This can be checked by removing the toner cartridge and looking at the drum if the stripe is apparent. (DO NOT CLEAN as that will create or worsen the problem.) Another way to confirm the problem is to do a Half Page Test. Let the printer print a page and after the toner is on the paper yet before the page goes through the fuser, open the door stopping the print process. Remove the paper and see if the stripe is visible. If their, Toner Problem but if not, Fuser Problem. I Hope this Helps!

Ask a Question