Ink Tanks for Canon Pro 9000 Mk II

I have a Pixma Pro 9000...I have been very satisfied with the prints that it produces. To find more reasonable printer cartridges I wandered around the internet for a while and found very reasonably priced compatible cartridges, and they work fine, but it seems that I have to replace a cartridge every 5 or 6 prints. It's a pain to be constantly replacing cartridges.

I've noticed that several vendors of compatible cartridges for this printer offer "tanks" which supposedly hold much more ink and therefore do not need to be replaced at such close intervals. Does anyone on this board have experience with these tanks? How do they install?

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

An ink tank has no nozzle on it and ink cartridge does. It is best to use on multiple jobs and it increases productivity and save on printing costs.

* Do you have the original series 1 9000, or the 9000-2?
* I've got use of several 9000-2's and, imo, they are excellent printers for photos ... not for b/w text however.
* Perhaps the best printer of all time for hobby'ist individuals who refill their own CLI-8 based cartridges. They are bulky with A3+ 13x19" paper capacity, but to me, it's been all down-hill since Canon discontinued them.
* My understanding is that the 9000-2 has updated firmware, and is faster than the 9000-original, but is otherwise very, very similar.
* You have to be very careful of compatible carts. The quality of ink can vary vastly.
* I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as an XL cart for the 9000 that hold more than the standard 13 ml ink capacity of the CLI-8 carts.
* Unfortunately, Canon printers tend to be poor candidates for CISS.
* Do you do a lot of printing to justify thinking about a CISS?

Ask a Question