ip4300 replacement ?

I've been filling my canon printers for a long long time so I would like to keep with the canon carts since I have had great success refilling and I also just got a new supply of inks.. I want to spend anywhere from $80 to $130 for a new one. I have a nice scanner so don't need that unless the printer that comes with the scanner is worth it.. I have looked to see what's even available... The ix6520 is one I have noticed. Do you have any other models I should look for ? Thanks

Is your iP4300 no longer working? It really is quite a nice printer, especially since it uses the CLI-8 cartridges. I feel that generation of printers with CLI-8 are pretty much the best for people who are willing to tackle the learning curve of refilling.

To me, it's been all down-hill for Canon printers since the CLI-8 generation. The CLI-221 generation printers have smaller capacity carts, and semi-opaque. The CLI-226 carts are fully opaque. The CLI-251 are even more refiller-hostile, and it may be a while, if ever, that resetters are available.

If you are near a relatively large city, it isn't difficult to find a nearly new Canon 9000-2 for a very reasonable amount. It uses the CLI-8 cart, but is rather large since it can print A3+ paper (13x19"). Also, it isn't really suitable for text.

Ask a Question