ip4500: Constantly Prints Vertical Dashes

Hello :)

My ip4500 prints a vertical series of thin dashes exactly 3 ½ inches from the left hand edge of the page, the dashes being a ¼ inch in length with a 1 ¼ inch space between each dash, and the dashes run the full length of the page. It doesn't matter what I print, or even if I'm printing on that particular area of the page, the dashes always appear. When I run cleaning/maintenance programmes which don't involve printing anything but do involve paper being fed through the printer the dashes still appear.

The dashes are black, but vary in colour intensity. Sometimes they look as if they're fading away gradually towards the end of the page, but invariably return to their usual boldness a upon printing a new page.

The problem has been going on for well over a year, and no matter how many times I've changed all of the ink cartridges or run all the maintenance and cleaning programmes the problem never seems to diminish.

The "precise" nature of the problem makes me think it's a mechanical issue, but given that this is my first ever printer I can't surmise much more than that! I'm hoping someone here can help me with this.

Thanks for reading!

Sorry for the bump, I know how annoying it is, but I'm really stuck here. To make this bump less annoying I decided to include an image of the problem for you to see.

This is a guitar chords and lyric sheet I recently printed for a student. The vertical dashes near the middle of the page are the problem:

[SNIP: well, what a stupid rule - I can't post links until I make 25 posts! Great idea for a support forum]

The image is attached.

Cheers!

Attachments

• printer issues.jpg
    printer issues.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 266

Ask a Question