Is there a name for this printing fault (image added)?

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can tell me the name of the fault / the reason for it? There's banding and there's also lines OUTSIDE the letter (this is part of a letter 'N')

BTW, the nozzle clean has NOT created the correct clean test image, so there's obviously jets blocked. Do you think that blocked jets could be squirting ink out at an odd angle?

I ask this because even when the nozzle cleaning function has produced the desired test image I can still get minor versions of this effect, and I'm wondering if even when everything appears to be working there is actually ink squirting out at odd angles (if that actually IS the reason).

Any advice appreciated.

Attachments

• letter.jpg
    letter.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 248
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can tell me the name of the fault / the reason for it? There's banding and there's also lines OUTSIDE the letter (this is part of a letter 'N')

BTW, the nozzle clean has NOT created the correct clean test image, so there's obviously jets blocked. Do you think that blocked jets could be squirting ink out at an odd angle?

I ask this because even when the nozzle cleaning function has produced the desired test image I can still get minor versions of this effect, and I'm wondering if even when everything appears to be working there is actually ink squirting out at odd angles (if that actually IS the reason).

Any advice appreciated.

Hi Piezo,

The heads could be dirty but there's another source of problem that can caused this problem. If you look carefully in the background of your printer, there is a small plastic banc with thin black lines on it (it look like a rule but whitout the numbers). That band is used by the printer to know where the head is placed. There's ink that dirt parts of this band and the printer loss the position of the heads. This can caused this problem.

You could clean this band but be very careful because it's fragile and if you break it the printer will become inoperative.

Good luck.

Canactech.

Ask a Question