Just bought a new laptop and having troubles trying to print ?

Just got my new laptop which is running Win 7 Home edition 64 Bit, i plugged my old Canon printer, in which is compatible with Win 7 and downloaded the current 64 bit drivers for it. When i try to print, the print taskbar comes up and says "Printer is not Responding". I do the usual and check cables, unplug, plug back in and nothing. The only way to fix is i use the Solution centre in Canon and it says, there are print jobs in queue stopping the current print job from happening and restarts the spooler and the printer works. But this happens everytime i try to print, it says "Printer not responding". Click solution centre, says needs to restart spooler, it does and printer works, very annoying. I uninstalled the driver and downloaded the driver again thinking maybe it got corrupt but still does same thing. Also plugged in a different printer that runs on another machine running Windows 7 and it did the same thing. So i don't know what else to do. Any idea on fixing the spooler i am guessing. :confused:

Ask a Question