Kodak ESP 3200 - Scanner disabled when ink is low???

I have one of those "All in One" Kodak ESP 3200 printers with the built in scanner. My color ink is low and I have not had time to run to the store to replace the cartridge. Because of this, it gives me an error message when I power it up. Does this mean the scanner is deactivated until I can get the ink cartridge replaced? I can't seem to get the scanner to work as long as the error message is in place. Is there no way to acknowledge the error and continue to use the scanner? Seems like a very bad design flaw if that is the case.

I'm mostly ignorant about Kodak printers ... but ...
* Kodak tech support won't be. Have you checked with them?
* IIRC, I have encountered other posts on other forums with the issue you describe, so it does happen ... not just PEBKAC operator error
* Seems infuriating to lock out the scanner just because the ink is out, but ...
* It does seem surprising that the scanner deactivates with LOW ink.
* In "the world of Canon" , the print driver reports LOW ink, EMPTY, and REALLY EMPTY ... do you want to disable ink level monitoring (and invalidate your warranty).

HTH

Ask a Question