Kodak ESP3 will not print.

About a year ago my printer stopped working, and I dont use it very much so Im just getting around to fixing it. I just bought brand new ink carts because I thought that was the issue since I got cheap aftermarket ones before. Howver even with the brand new Kodak ink, it still is not working.

I had an entire document typed up, and attempted to print it. It goes through the motions like you'd normally expect. Pulls the paper in, I hear the print head moving back and forth like normal operation... but the paper comes out with nothing on the page at all. Totally blank, not even spots, lies, or spatters.

I went through all the maintainence steps on the PC application like "Print test page" and "Clean Print Head". Nothing helped. The test page come out with some various streaks in red and yellow. I got an idea and changed one letter in my document to red and tried to print again. Out of the entire document only that letter printed in the red that I set it to, correctly placed about 2/3rds of the way down the page. The entire rest of the paper was blank as before.

Any suggestions what is wrong and how to fix it?

Ask a Question