Laser Printer to print 110lb index

I'm in the market for a laser printer that can handle both regular 20 and 24lb paper as well as 110lb index. I can't seem to find a laser printer that supports such heavy board. I've never owned a laser printer, but I'm aware of something called manual feed. The problem there is I'll be running several hundred sheets through and it'd be very impractical to hand feed these sheets, especially given that I'm printing on both sides.

I have a cheap inkjet printer, but the ink cost is becoming too high because I have the tri-color cartridge and I use lots of yellow which depletes before I can make use of the cyan or magenta.

I am printing text primarily so I'm looking into laser for its crisper text, but perhaps no such laser printer exists that handles the heavy 110lb board? I was showed $1000 lasers from some folks, but that's just too high of a price. I'm not looking to spend much more than $500. Perhaps I should settle for a good inkjet that separates the colors AND can handle the thick board? I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions on whether to go inkjet or laser, and specific printers you have in mind. Thanks.

Ask a Question