Lexmark 100,105 ink scam

Will your new printer only take the $18 100 black cartridge? But not the $5 105xl black. It's a scam. It will in fact take both. Just switch the little chips underneath the lexmark sticker on top of the cartridges. And monitor the yield of both cartridges. Scam proven

This is probably the case with a lot of other cartridges... You'd think they'd be able to keep one cartridge universal on all printers, but it seems it's not really about practicality for the customer. It's all about the money

105XL ink for 100XL

I tried changing the chip and mine would not work, maybe I damaged it. Could someone give some guidance?
Marcus

Lexmark Pro 705 105XL Vs 100XL Black Cartridge

Is there a driver that I can download that will allow me to use the cheaper 105XL instead of the 100XL Cartridges that are 5 times the price of the 105XL. At Sams Club I can buy a bundle of 4 105XL for $17 versus 2 100XL for $48. I tried the swiching the chip but I must have damaged somehow. Anymore suggestions.
Thanks

Fixed my problem

I have decided to take my Lexmark Pro 705 back to Sam's Club and I have ordered the Lexmark Pro 905 from Amazon for $249, mainly so I can use the cheaper 105XL black cartridges.
I sent a question to Lexmark and they said the 105XL Cartridge is made to fit the following printers; Pro805, Pro901 and Pro 905. Amazon only had the Pro 905 so that is what I went with.
I figure from Sam's I will get back roughly $120, so subtract that from the Pro905 and I will have paid $129 for the Pro 905. Fortunately, I had bought the printer at Sam's in March of this year, so I feel good about them taking it back, especially since I purchased their service plan, which is something that I normally do not do.
All the Customer reviews (113) were very positive for the Pro 905, it is suppose to arrive this Wednesday.
Marcus

Reading this thread is a bit depressing but here goes. Just been given a Lexmark S400. All looks fine but cyan cartridge is empty - I've refilled it, very easy to do, but the printer won't have it. After a bit of reading I (think I) understand that the cartridges merely have an electronic tag/serial number and it's the printer that 'knows' the cartridge is empty. I can find no way of resetting the printer's memory. So has anyone tried swapping empty cartridges with someone else - old, refilled cartridges from another machine should look new to mine and vice versa. Anyone know if it would work or wants to try.... or knows of a group already doing it?

If it's a non-starter then, given the price of the cartridges, the printer is going in the bin.... and I'm sure I'm not the only one. That puts Lexmark up there with some of the least eco-friendly manufactures on the planet - 'forcing' people to junk perfectly good stuff because marketing policy (racketeering?) makes even replacing print cartridges not economically viable.

Ask a Question