Lexmark C510 Image Problems

I recently bought a cheap C510 of Ebay. Only problem was a broken latch at the back. after fixing that all is well, but the image quality is not great, I'm getting Horizontal and vertical lines on the images / colour prints.

The Vertical lines seem to be not printed (White) Where as the horizontal lines are a mixture of blue and yellow (When printing green) The Toner levels all seem fine (20% Magenta, 20% Yellow, 100% Cyan, 40% Black) and the Consumables seem fine (Fuser 70%, Photodeveloper 20%).

When i opened it up it seemed to of had a rather bad magenta toner spill at some point, with toner covering the internal cogs, and also quite a large amount on the Photodeveloper. I cleaned this all out, Quite intensively, including what i could clean on any roller and the image quality seemed to improve.

But its still not great, i was wondering if anyone has any inexpensive ideas on how i can further improve the quality.

PS: I presume its a faulty cartridge that is causing the magenta spill, so i intend to buy a new one.

Thanks,

Az

Seems i fixed the horizontal banding (A 1cm' Piece of paper stuck in the photodeveloper. ) Still no luck on vertical banding

Ask a Question