Lexmark x1270 issues

Hello all!

This is the issue I'm running into. I had an Epson R200 that was connected to a Windows XP (it is wired to the network and a PC) computer and was shared using Windows File and Printing sharing. I had a Windows XP 64-bit (wired PC), Windows Vista (wireless laptop) and Windows 7 (wireless laptop) machines all printing via the sharing. That Epson R200 recently died and I had a brand new Lexmark X1270 sitting in the box. I hooked it up, shared the printer and started adding it to the other computers.

I can get the software and drivers installed fine but whenever I try to print anything I get an error message that says printer cannot communicate and gives suggestions on how to fix it. I have tried adding the printers with the installer, tried installing the printers using the Add a Printer using both network and local ports, uninstalling the drivers and software from all computers (including the PC that the printer is directly attached to) and I've checked to make sure the firewalls/anti-viruses were not blocking anything (I even went as far as to disable all of them) with no luck with any of it.

So. I'm hoping that maybe someone will be able to help me out with any possible solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

-- Jerry

Ask a Question