Lexmark x9575 refill

hi
i have a lexmark x9575 all in one. there are a number of cartridge options for this printer
black - 42a, 42,44
color - 41a, 41,43

i got myself an ink kit from ebay to refill the original cartridges which were provided. after filling the cartridges, they would not work. i have since come to realize how lexmark deters ink refills by using the print driver and an electrical component in the cartridge. i now have a new 44 and 43 cartridge in the printer.

during my prior ink refill, i cut open the top plate with a dremmel. due to this, i now know the exact locations to drill and will not need to remove the cover if i attempt to refill my current cartridges. the question is - will this work? or am i just wasting more ink?

my next option is to sell this printer and buy a new one which "supports" refilled cartridges. i have no brand loyalty - just looking for a good all-in-one which does 2 sided printing and supports wi-fi. please advise me on my options.

thanks
pat301

Ask a Question