Lockable mono printer/multi-function device?

I would like to take my own printer to work, as the company printers are all located too far away, and sometimes I need to print something immediately for a customer who is with me. Yes, I know work should supply me with one, but they won't.

I'm looking for, in decreasing order of importance:

1. A mono laser printer (I definitely do not need colour).

2. One which is "lockable", in the sense that nobody else can use it if I am not there. If I'm paying for the printer, and my own toner, I don't want other staff using it when I'm out of the office. So some sort of password protection, or similar.

3. Scanning and copying facility would also be useful, sometimes, if it doesn't add a lot to the cost.

4. Double sided would be useful, but not actually vital.

5. A physical lock, like a Kensington, might be useful. So that the IT department don't just assume it belongs to the company and move it somewhere else.

I don't need networking capability, as I will connect via USB. In fact our IT department would probably refuse to connect it to the system, which presumably means I couldn't network to it either. I use my own personal laptop at work, so have complete admin control over that. Though of course I daresay if it comes with networking, that's fine, and will be useful if I bring it home.

I don't need particularly high speed or high capacity printing. This is for very short run (1-10 copies) occasional use.

Any suggestions for a relatively low cost machine are welcome.

Many thanks.

D

Deleted member 14725

1. A mono laser printer (I definitely do not need colour).

2. One which is "lockable", in the sense that nobody else can use it if I am not there. If I'm paying for the printer, and my own toner, I don't want other staff using it when I'm out of the office. So some sort of password protection, or similar.

3. Scanning and copying facility would also be useful, sometimes, if it doesn't add a lot to the cost.

4. Double sided would be useful, but not actually vital.

5. A physical lock, like a Kensington, might be useful. So that the IT department don't just assume it belongs to the company and move it somewhere else.
The only printers that I know allowing this are big chunky laser/copy printers, and those are quite expensive.

- There are really small (color) Canon printers even smaller than a laptop, but don't have copy function. There was a very old model printing only B/W, you can find them 2nd hand.
1643811228894.jpeg

- Consider the 3762 HP printer, really small, portable, prints (one side) and has scanner on top, it fits on a drawer so no password needed, you just put it away.
- There are some a bit small Canon printers series MX39? that come with copy/scan, printing and double side printing, same as a few HP printers that I don't remember the model.

But this one might be the one that fits most of your criteria:

images

Ask a Question