Looking for a printer recommendation

I am looking for an inkjet printer they will still print in black if one of the color ink cartridges is low or empty. Any recommendations? The printer I have now ( Epson Workforce ) will not print if a color ink cartridge is empty and I don't like that.

You will not find one unfortunately. The reason why it stops you printing if one of the colours has run out, is due to the fact that it uses ink to cool the printhead. If there is no ink and it would allow you print the printhead would over heat and burn out.

I know this doesn't solve your issue but it might make you understand why this feature stops you using your printer even if you want to print just black.

P.s. Sorry for the late post

You will not find one unfortunately. The reason why it stops you printing if one of the colours has run out, is due to the fact that it uses ink to cool the printhead. If there is no ink and it would allow you print the printhead would over heat and burn out.

I know this doesn't solve your issue but it might make you understand why this feature stops you using your printer even if you want to print just black.

P.s. Sorry for the late post
If it still has black ink the head overheating should not be a problem.
The printer I just got will still print in black if the color cartridge is removed because I tested that. It is an HP Office Jet 4650.

The difference is the print head is built in to those cartridges. I f it was a printer that took single ink tanks the printhead is built in to the machine. I am surprised that it will allow you to print with only one cartridge in the printer generally you have to have 2 working cartridges in those range of printers.

It looks as if you sorted your issue out anyway. :)

Ask a Question