Low ink message

My printer is a Canon Pixma 4250. I recently installed a new black ink cartridge and having printed no more than 6 or 7 pages received the message " Ink Level Low". Can I assume that this message is referring to the colour cartridge which is the original one supplied with the printer.
When this message appears is there any way to tell which cartridge it is referring to . My printer only has 2 cartridges.

If you don't have separate warning lights for each cartridge you should just do a reset and print until one of them actually runs out.

Thanks for your advice. Like you I can't see any other solution. So far just carrying on after the low ink warning and then pressing the reset button seems to be working.

You will always get a low ink warning, just keep printing until you notice that the prints are not faded. A simple reset works for most Canon printers, there is always a reset for most printers as well. For the Canon printers try
a) Insert the cartridge(s) into the print and try to print a document from your computer
b) Wait until a message appears telling you the cartridge is empty and need to be replaced before you can continue. As shown in figure 0.8
c) Now hold down the cancel button (looks like and upside down triangle) on your printer for 5 seconds then release (the round button with a diamond shape in the middle).
d) If the message still appears then hold down the cancel button for another 5 seconds ( sometimes just hold down the printer button until the printers starts to make some noises can be up to 40secs.)

Thanks Toby for your reply.

In paragraph c) I follow the instruction to press cancel button for 5 seconds but not sure what to do with the round button with the diamond shape.

Also in in part d) could you please describe the printer button for me as I am not sure which one this is.

Many Canon printers shows this message. Don't worry. Keep printing until your printer doesn't prints are not faded.
Pick out cartridge from printer and check ink level. Now you can refill your cartridge again.

Thanks Atlantic. That's exactly what I have done--- ignore it and so far no problems.

At first before I was aware of the problem I reckon that I threw out at least 2 cartridges before I began to enquire.

Ask a Question