Maximum GSM for Epson Printer

Hi,

I am looking at buying Epson Inkjet with straight through paper path from the back. I would also like to use it for printing on heavier paper – 360 gsm. Specs for the printer say, that the max is 300. Will the difference of 60 gsm be a problem?

Thanks for any input,

Kind Regards,

Martin

Yes, it would as they are not built for thicker stocks than 300gsm. I am a Ricoh connoisseur and a Regional rep Ricoh costs way less, quality is about the same, and higher gsm (certain models up to 360gsm).

If you put a thicker stock, it may jeopardize the quality of your prints and parts ( streaks of ink will smear all over your prints)

Yes, it would as they are not built for thicker stocks than 300gsm. I am a Ricoh connoisseur and a Regional rep Ricoh costs way less, quality is about the same, and higher gsm (certain models up to 360gsm).

If you put a thicker stock, it may jeopardize the quality of your prints and parts ( streaks of ink will smear all over your prints)

Hi Shant,

OK, thank you for your response. Can you please recommend any Ricoh model that can handle 360gsm paper?

Thank you,

Kind Regards,

Martin

What type of use will this have? (for example, Office for scanning/copying capabilities, light Production, heavy production, printing shop)

What size media paper and types who you plan on using?

Will you need saddle stitching, booklet making, multi-folding, hole punching?

How much volume/prints will you do every month on average, B/W and Color?

What type of use will this have? (for example, Office for scanning/copying capabilities, light Production, heavy production, printing shop)

What size media paper and types who you plan on using?

Will you need saddle stitching, booklet making, multi-folding, hole punching?

How much volume/prints will you do every month on average, B/W and Color?
The reason I ask is to refer you to the best hardware solution. These are very important questions to ask yourself when you are in the market for this type of printer. They can range anywhere from 20k - 150k.

Ask a Question