MFC-J480DW with black line on the scanning

HCB

The result of scanning via key pad operation has black line. This is the spec as the support technician concluded. I think it is a bug, though. Regardless of setting on "Device Scan Setting" in Control Center 4 utility, there is a black line in the result.

They require specific size of paper and put it corner of the glass correctly, otherwise it gets black line in the result.
The unpleasant is scanning for any shape and size of paper with key pad operation at the printer. The black line is scanned, even though "Auto crop" is enabled. This feature is there even though it does not work at all. It looks like ridiculous.
I wanted scanning for receipts, old pictures, stickers and any size, but the black line always be there.

The technician reproduced the issue at their site on some Brother printers . And he concluded the black line is the spec not only this model, but also other their products. Finally, the technician recommended me other scanners for this purpose.

I should not have bought this printer, but it was too late.
I spent this issue for a week and many hours with them. Even though I made the appointment, they did not call back many times and rude. If customers have no trouble on using of Brother machine, it would be good. But, once got trouble, it could be stressful and nightmare. I feel their attitude that they change a trouble into the spec.

I never buy Brother machine again!!

Ask a Question