MFC-J615W on Windows 10 Pro X64 -USB not recognized

I have a MFC-J615W running under Windows 10 Pro X64. It's been working fine for months. Now when it's connected via USB I get an error message that it's not recognized. I've tried different USB ports on my computer and will try a new USB cable tomorrow.

Brother MFC-J615W USB error.jpg

Is this just the printer going bad? It works if I connect it wirelessly but I prefer USB as the scan functions work there but don't work wireless.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and always get the above error when I connect the USB cable.

Any suggestions?

I have a Brother printer, although it's a different model to yours...
I run this with a cable, because the transfer of data is too slow (Wirelessly) when doing complex printing...
There is a box in the printer settings, that needs to be ticked, to tell the printer to look for cable data transfer...
Have you found and ticked that box????

Robbie_DL...

Hi Robbie. I don't get far enough to do that. The printer is no recognized at all (see the image I posted).

Got Yah....

Sorry... Can't really think what might be causing your problem... Never experienced anything of that nature...

I'm going to try a new USB cable but it's beginning to look like hte USB port on the printer has gone bad. At least it's working wirelessly.

Thinking about it, that setting that can be applied (suggesting the printer should use a USB connection) is not in the print set-up form... It's something you need to set, before asking it to print... Mine was in the 'installation' or set up disc...

Robbie_DL...

Ask a Question