MFC-j6520 power up issues

The above printer powers up briefly before shutting down. Then it won't power up again until I remove the power cord for 20 seconds and try again when the same ting happens. (usb connection)

I tried removing drivers, and re-installing new, but as the printer won't power up for long enough its a catch 22 situation.

Other odd things, prior to trying to re-install drivers, items stuck in win 10 print queue, could only be removed if I selected administrator option, as prior to that deleting the print queue was greyed out, as Windows said printer was offline - albeit the Win 10 offline option was not ticked.

When we last changed the black cartridge (genuine), the usual process of "calibration" etc did not happen.

Now the printer powers off within 20 seconds of powering up, and then won't restart for some time after the power cord is removed and re-inserted.

Am I right to assume this may be a circuit board (condensor overheating) issue? The very limited power up time is too short to undertake any resets.

If you agree then it maybe a recycling issue!

Thanks for your opinions

Unplug the printer for 30 seconds.
Plug the machine back in while holding the power button down.
You may have to hold power button longer period until printer completes power up cycle.
Hope this helps. Advise

Ask a Question