microline 590 24 pin printer code problem

I have a oki 590 printer that I am trying send codes to. I do this in a dos window and have been doing it for years but this printer has me a little confused.

An example is trying to get the printer to print at 17.1 cpi. Their documentation says 1)17.1 cpi can only be printed using compressed print at 10 cpi. 2)The next line says; "The printer must be set to 12 cpi before this command is sent".

My next problem is that the printer does not accept a simple '\n' (carriage return/line feed) which has been working for, literally years. Now it does the carriage return and not the line feed. This may have something to do with the character set.

I have the printer set at basic IBM emulation and have let it default to the basic character set.

I have no problem with the 530 as it has an 'ml' emulation that works just fine and I can do, pretty much, whatever I want but this one is pesky.

Any thought would be appreciated, thank you.........

Ask a Question