Minolta Magnicolor 2300 DL

Hello everyone,

I have just taken a free Minolta Magnicolor 2300 DL laser printer. I finally got it installed on my Windows 7 system (had to do FW update to get the old drivers to work) but I seem to be having some printer related issues. First off, I have 3 almost full color toner cartridges and a black cartridge that's at about 30%. I can say that the printer hasn't been used in a while and not sure if thats related to any of my issues. So here's the problems I am looking to find an answer for.

1. When I go to the web interface for the printer and print a "demo page", which is color, the print comes out of the top and:
a. the print is almost non existent. You can make out a few words here and there but you cant tell what the picture is supposed to be. Had I not have looked in the printer, I'd have no clue it's supposed to be a picture of a polar bear.
b. about 1/4" - 1/2" of the paper stays in the top roller (in the media tray) and then I get an error on the printer that says "media jam transfer roller". I might also add that this ONLY happens when I print the "demo page" (color). If I print the "menu map" or "configuration page" (which are both in black) the paper comes completely out into the media tray and I do not get any errors.

2. On the note of my "menu map" print, I am seeing that it appears as though the print started late. I have about 2" of white space on the top of the page and I am noticing that about the last 1" on the bottom of the page is more faded but readable. Other than that, the black prints perfectly.

I will say, I have cleaned a couple of the rollers and the ones on top in the media tray. I have been doing a ton of Googling and have not come up with anything. I am hoping some of you printer wizards in here might be able to help me with this. I am an IT guy, but I have never "played" with laser printers so cleaning the rollers and taking a few of the panels off to see if I could find a possible sticky servo (something one of my google searches turned up), that's about the most I have gotten my hands dirty with laser printers.

Any help at all with this, I know there's a ton there, would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

Ask a Question