MP495 ink reset

Hi All,
How to reset the ink level in the MP495, I have refilled it but still keeps saying "Ink is running low", how do I fix it. Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thank you

Vasu

* Do you have, or is there available a "resetter" for the CL-211 / PG-210 cartridges?

* I'm curious to hear your thinking on why you refill these carts.

* I've been refilling carts for several years, but mostly for CLI-8 based printers (separate cart for each dye color, and black pigment cart). After a definite learning curve and initial investment, ink becomes so low in cost, even with world class OCP ink from Germany, that I consider it to be almost free.

* By reputation since I haven't done it, the CL-211 is harder to refill than the CLI-8 carts. In comparison, translucent CLI-8's with much larger 13 ml ink capacity are "a piece of cake".

* Have you considered a step or two up to a printer with individual CMYK cartridges, and also separate pigment black cart?
** potential better photo printing with CMYK rather than CMY
** reduced overall cost eventually as you are replacing a separate cart rather than combined-with-print-head cart
** almost certainly easier to refill (but I haven't refilled CL-211's)

* Or a used CLI-8 based printer? (via CraigsList if you live near a relatively large city)

* Following has rant on printers like the MP480/MP495/MP280/iP100/etc, so ignore if you like this type of printer ... and my apologies
* Overall, I think there are a number of really bad ideas in the ink-jet world, including ...
** turning off ink level monitoring, especially with low capacity ink cartridges like the CL-211 ... get a resetter and use it
** unless you enjoy spending $50 to $100 USD to replace fried print-heads from ink starvation
** buying a super basic, entry-level printer like the [see above] that have a "combined print-head plus multiple CMY dye inks" in the same cartridge.
** I have never, and would never, own a printer with that kind of print-head, so "consider the source".

* YMMV.

Last edited:

Ask a Question