Multiple driver downloads / Windows 10 32 bit.

Hi everyone
this is my first post here.
I have a Brother HL2130 which performs well - no problem.

By chance I was checking the update history (in Windows 10) and found that there are multiple updates throughout every day for 'Brother 2130 update' - this has been happening for many days.

Have others encountered this problem, and found a workaround?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Skofab

Having nothing to lose - I disconnected the HL2130. Completely removed all software and drivers in the conventional way - plus a manual removal of indicated brother items from the registry.

reconnected the HL2130, and started, and just left the PC to install all plug and play items. Result success, and no more reams of messages to say brother updates successfully installed.
001.png

I spoke too soon - later, once again a brother 2130 update was installed successfully !!!!!!

I now know that the update was originally dated July 2012. Grrrrrrr!

Skofab.

Seems to be sorted at last.
I first downloaded the latest Brother W10 software. I uninstalled every brother entry from the registry etc.
This time I disconnected the internet, thus preventing the windows update from arriving - then installed the latest brother software. Used the brother printer for a number of times, and all was well.
Then re connected to the internet (bated breath) - but this time all behaved as it should thankfully.

I dislike windows 10 updates interfering with third party data, and also regret that we have no individual control (as windows 7) to make choices.

Ask a Question