My ix6550 is acting strangely

I have anix6550 and it has started to misbehave. The print head goes all the way over to the right and stays there making a whirring sound followed by clicking, then whirling. Sometimes the orange light flashes.
Eventually it will print but puts ghostly lines across. I went through the maintenance routine but the image they show for blockages are vertical and mine are horizontal.
Does anybody have any ideas as this is driving me potty?

The first place to start is making a "nozzle check". Have you done that, and what does it look like.

Also, try an alignment of the print-head. Sometimes that improves the nozzle check and printing.

Sometimes the print-head will move to the right to do a regularly scheduled "quick cleaning" after it has determined a certain number of ink droplets has been sprayed.

Sometimes if there is a delay between prints, it will reposition the print-head to the safe "park" position. Both are normal behavior.

Ask a Question