Need advice on new all in one printer

Hello,

I'm a freelance artist/illustrator/graphic designer. Due to a rise in business and nature of my work...I think it's time for an upgrade. I really like my HP 2410 photosmart all in one, but...the ink for it is crummy and "old school" (as far as printers go), and well, I got it in fall of 2004 so that probably makes me super behind as far as printers go.

As far as printers go I've always had HP's because I like the user friendliness of them, but I'm open to other brands if they can deliver. I'm not really too in to photo printing, my biggest issue is that when I print stuff off with my current printer, it smudges so easily no matter what saturation the ink is, what kind of paper it is, and it fades something awful. I know newer printers these days advertise they don't do that as much.

I'm working on a line of brochures for a tennis club I work at and I need them to be double sided glossy, maybe matte depending on budget issues at the club, and I need them to not fade, not smudge, even with slightly moist hands as sweaty people working out will be snagging these brochures.

Looking around online I see HP has a variety of all in one printers now, photosmarts and officejet ones. I don't really know what I fall under for those.

What all in one printer can I get for under 400 dollars, or around that price that honestly doesn't fade or smudge? I do a lot of detailed work, so I need something that can render my detailed work a little closer, if not perfectly as to what I see on my screen.

I appreciate all your input, thank you!

Ask a Question