New to me WF-7620 printer issues

so last night I was given a WF-7620 because they told me they couldn't get it to print at all. So I got it home and fired it up and sure enough no ink would go on the paper. So I did some research and found a technique of using a syringe and cleaning solution to unplug the printer heads. Well I did that and unplugged a good amount of it. Reinstalled the ink and tried to print and it started getting ink on the paper. Now it's got gaps in the print head allighment page. I've done the head cleaning 3-4 times and still the exact same. Also has really bad horizontal banding. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

View these videos:

Aquarium plastic air tubing seems to fit ink nozzles and hypo

Another idea here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6Yw1f7o0YI

Though we dont endorse any procedures or products, you might get some useful ideas.
Let us know how you make out.
Regards
Florida, USA

Last edited:
Forgot to say, that should you remove the ink cartridges, for any period of time, place them in zip-lock bags or wrap them in cellophane. This will prevent the ink from drying out.

Actually went over those videos today. I ended up removing the print head and cleaned out out with alcohol and windex. Used a syringe but after about 2 hours of cleaning I put it all back together once it was dried and it was worse then before so I just stopped. I guess it needs a new print head.

wf7620 precision core printhead is very delicate to unclogg, you will need good skill to do that,but the best solution in your case is to replace the printhead with a new one,

Ask a Question