No colour printing at all.

Epson Stylus Color 880.
Hi, although now an old printer it has worked fine. I printed some colour pages yesterday and whilst doing so the colour printer cartridge light came on warning of low ink, I let it run on with the 5 copies still going through. The last page was a bit faded but acceptable. I needed to print more stuff so opened a new colour cartridge and installed it, did a test print and there wasn't much more than a few bars of colour on the test print. Went through the clean/test print cycle 3 or 4 times and now there isn't a trace of colour ink on the test page. Eventually decided it may be a bad cartridge so replaced with yet another new one - same result - no colour coming through at all.
Question - is it likely that the print heads are totally blocked so that nothing comes out despite it working fine 5 minutes earlier. Is it probable that two ink cartridges are duff?? They are not genuine Epson inks, I've never used genuine inks - can't afford them, but it has always been fine up until now. The cartridges I'm using are from my usual supplier and seem fine. If not the cartridges being duff, any suggestions as to why there is NO COLOUR at all? And any further suggestions what to do next? I'll contact the ink cartridge supplier to see if they know of any issues?

Sorry - looks like it is 'Operator error' - having tried various things I discovered that I'd ordered the wrong cartridges for it - I seem to have ordered cartridges suitable for the 800 printer, NOT the 880 - oops.

get your printer checked from Epson authorized service center, it seems like your printer head is not working fine or the color cartridge is doing some trouble.

Ask a Question