non network printer

is there any way i can assign ip address to a non capable network printer or any method i can connect to my router so as it becomes network enabled please advice if any external device is also helpful

Ian

Hi @ieesh, there are lots of wireless print servers that you can connect to any USB printer, which will make it available via wifi.

Here's one at Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL...=1479894061&sr=8-1&keywords=wifi+print+server

You'll need some sort of print server like that to assign an IP address to a non-network printer. Some routers include a print server too, so check the model to see if there are USB ports on the router that can do this.

Hi @ieesh, there are lots of wireless print servers that you can connect to any USB printer, which will make it available via wifi.

Here's one at Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-WPS510U-Single-Wireless-Server/dp/B001LIJYMA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479894061&sr=8-1&keywords=wifi print server

You'll need some sort of print server like that to assign an IP address to a non-network printer. Some routers include a print server too, so check the model to see if there are USB ports on the router that can do this.
o wow thank you sir i think this will solve my problem did not know about this

Last edited by a moderator:
sir problem again i ought a tp-link print server and did everything wasted two days but now got a call from tp-link that the printer hp laserjet 100 m175a is not compatible with it can you suggest any print server which will be compatible or any other part to make it wired or wireless network ready

Ian

Ah that is a shame, I'm sorry to hear that it didn't work. It may be worth contacting HP to see if they can recommended a mini print server that would be compatible. Normally, print servers should be compatible with most printers.

Ask a Question